This unique panel will discuss the scientific research is addressing major societal challenges today.
- Marina Villegas Gracia, Director of the Spanish State Agency for Research, Spain
- Rui Vieira de Castro, Rector, University of Minho, Portugal
- Dava J. Newman, Apollo Program Professor of Astronautics and Harvard-MIT Health, Science, and Technology full Professor, MIT, USA
- James Gimzewski, Professor and Director of CNSI Core Lab, UCLA, USA
- Eicke Weber, CEO, Berkeley Education Alliance for Research, Singapore and Vice-President of ISES - International Solar Energy Society
Rui Vieira Castro is the Professor and Rector of Universidade do Minho since 2017.
He was the President of the Portuguese Association of Linguistics, member of the Board of the Portuguese Society of Didactics of Languages and Literatures between 2004-2006 and also coordinated panels of doctoral and post-doctoral fellowships from the FCT in the field of Educational Sciences.
Dava J. Newman, Apollo Program Professor of Astronautics andHarvard-MIT Health, Science, and Technology full Professor, has served as director for MIT’s Technology and Policy Program and led the MIT Portugal Program, an alliance between Portuguese public and private organisations.
Most recently she served as NASA's Deputy Administrator...
James Gimzewski is a distinguished Professor in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at the University of California, Los Angeles and the Nano/Pico Characterization Lab Director of the UCLA California NanoSystems Institute (CNSI).
Prior to joining the UCLA faculty in 2001, he was a group leader at IBM's corporate research laboratory in Zürich...